Friday, February 26, 2010

Seeing you in person

I stood there,
Halfway in the door of the La Salsa in Brentwood,
The door that you were holding open for me,
I had just heard that voice—that deep, raspy, sexy
Voice, and now I was looking in the eyes that
Went with it,
You, Yancy Butler, actress
That I had fallen madly in love with,
Celebrity crush to the XOXOXtreme,
Where was this universe that had been against me for so long?
I don't know if I was talking to you
Or to it when I clearly and confidently said
"Thanks!"
Squeezing it out of my butterfly-swept frame,
Taking your place in the store mindlessly...

I looked over, to the right,
Out the window, and
Watched you and your womanly rear
Walk off down the avenue,
You and your girlfriends and your takeout-Mexican,
I couldn't fucking believe it!
I looked back at the clerk, and then at everyone else
In the place,
And all I could think to say was
"Fuck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment