Operator, I need an
operation, I was going
to write a poem, but now
I'm just writing you, whoever
"you" may be.
I want to be able to look people
up in the phone book again,
or at least the dictionary:
what does he mean? What does she mean?
What do you mean
when you say we won't be seeing each other again, I mean,
really, what about the other senses? Will we
hear, smell, touch, taste
each other again?
And if not again, then maybe once
all over
again?
I want to able to look people
in the eye again, not just
this ;), or that ;(,
or other demonstrative determiners and pronouns.
I want people to have a name, and I want to call them
by that name over the telephone, I guess I'll
have to take a number.
But what happened to all the phone booths?
Where will Clark Kent become Superman?
Will he become becoming, will he
become anything, ever
again?
When you dial zero, I suppose
the answer's always the same...
Operator, I need an
operation, I was going
to write a poem, but now
I'm just writing you, whoever
"you"
may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment