Pick up a backpack, it makes me
want to write, it makes
sitting in this room bearable, it makes me turn
on the Cinematic Orchestra,
it makes me realize there's a world outside of this,
places to go, take that backpack,
take my hopes and leave
my fears in the policies that got us into this mess,
I'm grateful for my car, I should use it more,
maybe I should get a job,
but does getting a job = getting a life?
Check the math, the arithmetic,
doesn't add up,
my hourglass of luck is running out,
I'm running out of Doe's on Christmas Eve,
it's cold, Christmas lights
and outdoor lights,
shining like headlights,
the wood siding of the house, so much warmth
and so many people inside...
The good old world had a good run, where do we run to now?
Pack a backpack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment